Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Weekly Challenge #250 (Long Lost Tangler)

Hello beautiful people! Apparently I have been MIA from my blog for an entire YEAR. Sheesh. 

As some of you know, on January 14 last year I became a commissioned police officer. And its been A M A Z I N G. I love it. 
However.... many of the things I liked to do before this job fell by the wayside. And its time I take some time to revisit my creative side.

I took a crack at the Diva Challenge this week and I'm so glad I did. This week's challenge was all about returning to the roots of Zentangle. When I first started Zentangle it was all about the EXPERIENCE of it. How you felt while tangling. But I got lost in the final product of the tangles, especially while exploring them for my art degree. 

So it's fitting that the week I return to tangling is the week I go back to basics for the Diva Challenge.
Here's what I came up with:

I used some of the tangles I instinctively turn to. But as my first tile of 2016 I thought it would be good to feature a positive word for the beginning of the year...THANKFUL. Because I am thankful for what life has handed me so far. 

In other news, I am working on a tattoo arm sleeve! It features a quote by Edgar Allan Poe (one of my favorite authors) and a tangle! Pics will come soon....
But in the spirit of Edgar Allan Poe...


Have a great week everyone! :)