Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Weekly Challenge #189 (Hello Again, Friends!)

Well! It's been ages! I haven't been posting recently because 7 weeks ago I began training at the Washington state police academy. While this has been a totally amazing, exhausting, exhilarating, overwhelming, enlightening, challenging, and engrossing experience, it has left little time for art-making (yes, I'm making excuses).
So I've unearthed my dusty, cobweb-covered art tools and returned to the diva challenge:
I really enjoyed trying out this new tangle from Tina-Akua Hunziker. The tangle, "Yuma," is fun and whimsical, so I added a color pop with a highlighter for a retro flare! This tangle has so many potential variations and is a great pattern to practice shading.
I hope all of you are doing well and I thank you for taking the time to get updated on my life. In the last 7 weeks I've:
Learned how to shoot a firearm
 Said goodbye to some of my artwork for a year- will be showing at the PLU gallery until 2015
 Spent some quality time with my boys Lucas, Mojito, and Finnegan
 More pics of my little family- we're cute and we know it ;)
Rocked this sweet uniform day in and day out! Reppin' it
Tangled in my academy journal- because if they didn't think I was eccentric before, I had to prove it ha!
I hope all of you have a splendid week! Peace