Welcome to another beautiful week! I don't know about you but it's getting chilly around here and I'm finding myself cozying up more and more...which is great for art making!
This weekly challenge is brought to you by iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com:
This week's challenge was about entering the "danger zone" and expanding the limitations we ourselves put on our art. We all do it- we fall into a routine of art making that is comfortable to us. Everything about this week's tangle was out of my comfort zone.
- I don't often use parameters and set strings. I'm more of an organic, monotangle sort of girl.
- I made myself use only structured patterns. Grid-like patterns are starkly opposite to my flowy, organic tangles I usually turn to
- BLACK TILE: I never use them!
- White pen: I usually always prefer very bold, black pens so this took some adjustment
- Gel pen...I can honestly say I have not used this pen since the CZT seminar.
Overall, I am not the biggest fan of the tile, but it certainly helped me see that I need to start expanding my horizons a bit.
Speaking of trying new things...AQUAFLEUR IS SO MUCH FUN!
I really enjoy this new tangle from Rick and Maria is a hit, and I'm even featuring it in my new printmaking project, a lithograph using a fountain pen and ink. Pictures soon to come...
Have a marvelous (and cozy) week!